Event Crew: SAISA GIRLS' BASKETBALL 2014-2015

During the first week of February I was involved in an event crew of SAISA Girls' Basketball 2014-2015  as the tournament was held at my school - OSC. I got to the crew just at the last moment. I wanted to watch matches and support our team. But our event crew needed help with the photography and I got a chance to be a part of the crew. Therefore, I did not only watch the games but also contributed to the organization and regulation of the tournament, and improved my management and photography skills.
The tournament lasted for 3 days during which my friend Charlie and I were taking pictures, sorting and uploading them into the system. We stayed at school from early morning till the evening.  This was sort of exhausting. There were around 8 games every day. Our responsibility was to take pictures of each match and preferably of each player and to edit some of these photos as soon as possible. While some teams were playing, others were warming up so there were almost no breaks between the games and we needed to take shots from different perspectives which was quite difficult. However, we managed to take some hilarious pictures. On the third day, when we had to choose some best shots in order to make a closing ceremony video, Mrs. Shipley and two other members of the event crew, namely Januda and Nisala, helped us and took some good pictures of last games. That was nice to have them as support and we appreciate their help a lot.
The whole event crew was so united and I got to know some people better. I saw many of them from a different perspective. All were so responsible, well-organized and professional like skilled adult experts. Simultaneously this also developed my collaboration skills as I worked better in a group.
The most memorable part for me from this experience was the final game of our team against another undefeated player of a tournament - Dhaka (AISD). When ultimately we won after losing in the beginning of the game all the supporters and other team members ran and circled the winners. I felt such a strong team spirit of our school. That amount of energy was indescribable and definitely unforgettable.

GG player is chasing the ball during the game against AISD; Photo Credit: Anya (me)

GG player is ready to defend during the game against AISD; Photo Credit: Anya (me)

OSC player Kalila is jumping for the ball during the game against AISC; Photo Credit: Anya (me)

OSC player Nela is going to shot overtaking the defending player from LS; Photo Credit: Anya (me)

OSC captain Soraya is taking a beautiful shot during the game against ASB; Photo Credit: Anya (me)

TAISM player is preventing a shot during the game against OSC; Photo Credit: Anya (me)

Moment of a gecko spirit during the finals; Photo Credit: Anya (me)


 Event Crew members are watching over the trophies during the closing ceremony; Photo Credit: Anya (me)
I am copying and editing photos during the break between games; Photo Credit: Nisala Saheed
Winners of SAISA Girls' Basketball tournament from OSC during the closing ceremony; Photo Credit: Anya (me)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog