OSC’s Got Talent!

In the middle of February during the evening before Saint Valentine’s Day, I have been participating in the school’s talent show annually organized by Student Government Association in order to bring the entire school together once again, have a memorable and fun time and, of course, raise funds for school’s prompt evening.
Despite organization and preparation of the event did not seem efficient in the beginning, on the night everything was well-organized and quite professional. We have gotten the judges who were teachers with different qualifications and backgrounds which brought some diversity and multiple perspectives making the final decision more reliable.
We also had many more contestants and bigger audience this year which was very exciting. In the end, after all contestants performed, a special guest, newly formed teacher’s band, has performed on the auditorium’s stage for the entire school. They charged everyone who was there with energy making everyone dance in front of the stage. It was pretty surprising and emotional when the entire school from pre-school to seniors got up to support the teachers.
For me, this talent show was special as it was the first time (new experience, skills) when I performed as a soloist and had an opportunity to sing a more vocally complex piece, famous “Titanium” by Sia. I was utterly happy to see that everyone liked my performance and cheered and applauded so hard after I have performed. It was also very stressful and challenging to perform as my friend Charlie who accompanied me with quite a hard guitar part and I have not had time to practice and had roughly one rehearsal before we had to go on stage. In addition, the acoustic accompaniment and hard vocal parts together with auditorium acoustics which differed significantly from regular room made it harder to control voice. But, I made it!
Besides performing a solo, I also performed with my band “The Sweet Chains”. It was one of our very last performances…and it was one of the best. We definitely improved individually and as a team. Now we do not need as many practices to get the song ready for performance, we know each other better and I am extremely proud of us!
To conclude, I enjoyed this talent show a lot… and I was very happy that the very last school talent show in my life was like this, so overwhelming and memorable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog