MY FIRST DAYS IN SRI LANKA

I am in Sri Lanka already for 2 months now but i still remember my first days here like it was yesterday. When I came to Sri Lanka on the 1st of August and went out of the airport  my first thought was: "OMG! How to breath?!". The second most memorable thing which I noticed was the quality of roads. Basically for me it is really important thing... While we were driving to the guesthouse which is located in Battaramulla my mood was pretty good. I saw all of the beautiful sites, lakes, tropic vegetation and what else do u think? yeah...good roads like in Europe.
But then...we reached Battaramulla and everything changed. Everything seemed to be so small and dusty and different. I  was completely depressed. Two days I was sitting in the guesthouse like a prisoner...but that was a voluntary confinement.
When I finally went for a walk I felt like a celebrity. Even Jay Lo has not ever experienced that much attention.
Now I have coped with this attention. Every time I walk on the street I feel like I walk on the red carpet. 
Now things do not look so horrible as they have appeared to be.
The lesson I have gained from this experience is that when we see things for the first time we tend to make judgements without full understanding of whereabouts. Looks can be deceptive.

Cartoon of myself made by me using the website: http://sp-studio.de/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog