DP Orientation Trip
What? How? What for?

Our grade is sliding down waterfall; Photo Credit: Unknown
When I first time heard about DP Orientation Trip I was surprised... no... I was shocked! Jumping from the cliff, abseiling, rufting...All these words were just words for me before I was told that we are going to do it. My mom was shocked as well.
I am not sure whether it was fear or excitement. But after I have jumped from the cliff I surprisingly fell...freedom.
I imply to think that DP Orientation trip was organized mainly to rally us. We need to be united and communicate to survive during next two tough years of IB Diploma program.
This trip was like a model of diploma program. We were given different extreme situations which we needed to overcome. For example, we needed to "hear" each other and row synchronically to succeed in rufting, or we needed to be very concentrated and careful, listened to what our instructors are saying, coped with panic to abseil, we needed to be risk-takers to jump from the cliff.
One of the most important parts of our trip was service.
We were divided into smaller groups. Our group (Nandhini, Sam, Yaman, Yoon Woo, Yannis, Anya(me))interviewed a real principal of Kithugala school Mr. Siril. What I have learned from this interview was understanding that different people have different lifestyles and goals. As I remember I always wanted to develop, to move. From my childhood I knew that I would not stay in Uzbekistan for whole my life. Mr.Siril on the contrary was very calm and balanced. He was born in Kithugala, he grew up in Kithugala, he finished school there and now he works as a principal in this school. His children also study in this school. We asked him a question:"Do you want to move from Kithugala? For example to Colombo? Another country?". He answered:"No". He said that he loves his birthplace and have everything he needs for living there. 
To summarize I would like to say that this trip was a great experience for me.
Thank you!


I am jumping from the cliff; Photo Credit: Unknown
Our grade is getting ready for rufting; Photo Credit: Unknown
Group Photo of our grade at the waterfall; Photo Credit: Unknown
View from the top of  Kithugala; Photo Credit: Unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog