BASKETBALL SEASON 2015-2016: Overview

For the ASA Block 2 I sighed up for Gecko Athletics basketball sessions. First, I wanted to further develop my basketball skills from the last year. Second, I wanted to prove myself that I can make the team this year. 
As these sessions were targeted at  selection of a traveling team that will participate on the international tournament Basketball  SAISA 2016 at Lincoln School in Nepal, they were frequent and intense. We have been practicing 4 times a week and sessions were from 1.5 to 2.5 hours long. This year most of the highly skilled and experienced players who used to be on the team year before left the school. This way, our coaches Tharindu and Kelly started training with the group of relatively inexperienced  amateurs. Therefore, they started our training from the basic command terms, ball handling, dribbling, lanes and different types of plays (offensive and defensive). In the process of training, many of the team members including me significantly improved. We started leaning of more sophisticated cuts and techniques. 
Sadly, this year I am not traveling with the team due to certain circumstances. However, I am nevertheless happy because I challenged myself and achieved the set goal. During my last practice with the rest of the team, coach Tharindu came up to me and said that this year I made the team. This was the outcome I initially aimed for. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog