SAISA GIRLS' VOLLEYBALL 2015: COMBO!

This year volleyball season was special for our school as we hosted two tournaments at once, for both boys and girls. It was very exciting and at the same time intense as it is quite difficult to arrange two large tournament in a relatively small school like OSC. Nevertheless, everything went quite well and tournaments were scheduled and managed properly what made it possible to organize all the matches in three days.
Our team faced some challenges during this season. Many skilled players from the starting six left the school. In particular, we lost our main setter and captain of the team. We also have gotten many new players for whom this season was first. Even though we did not reach the pinnacle of victory this year we still were lucky to gain an amazing experience which eventually developed us as professional volleyball players. Over the season I have constantly noticing considerable improvement among all the players in our team. Personally, I have grown significantly: I improved my hitting and setting skills; advanced passing and covering; I learned how to serve overhead. My coach once told me that I have one of the most powerful serves. What was indeed relevant for me was that I achieved one of my main goals I have set in the beginning of the season, I became more confident and initiative.
Another important aspect in which all of us notably improved was communication on the court and collaborative game. Compare to the beginning of the season when most of us barely mooed something while passing or receiving the ball, in the end all of us were shouting and asking for the ball, supporting one another on the court and off the court.  
Overall, I consider this experience important and relevant for me as a volleyball player. It is not only the succeed that prompts your growth and development but failures which demotivate you first to spark your passion later on and test your willpower. I am planning to continue practicing volleyball in future and end up being a highly skilled player (initiative). 
 
All the athletes are listening to the opening speech given by the primary school principle. Photo credits: Mr. Joubert

Opening ceremony in the gym. Photo Credits: Mr. Joubert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog