TAISM player is shooting during the game against ASB; Photo Credit:Anya (me)



 Gecko Athletics: Basketball Review

My main sport activity for the second part of the first semester was basketball. I intended to make the Basketball Girls’ SAISA team but because of insufficient experience (new skills) I could not achieve it so far.  

I like basketball most compared to other team sports such as volleyball, football and handball. Nonetheless, I have succeeded before, as a member of a volleyball team. I think that I did not succeed in basketball yet because of several reasons. First, basketball requires better physical preparation than volleyball. Second, it necessitates things like awareness and initiative. More exactly, you must be fully dedicated to this sport, know what each command means, know different positions on the field, both offensive and defensive, and be able to rationally and smartly, without rushing and panic, use this knowledge during a game. You must also be initiative – nobody will pass you a ball if you do not ask for it or get open. Being initiative was a big challenge for me because I did not want to be bold and selfish. That was the wrong behavior. You should be bold. At times, you must show and prove your ability to successfully play and bring points for the team. You also should be able to make quick and right decisions. Sport is not the right place to be inconfident. The other thing was that basketball is about playing beautiful, using different techniques and strategies. You can be slow in the beginning but you must do everything properly. Regarding myself, I was trying to be fast and reactive, impressive and sharp. This is important but it needs different tactics as well as time and work to learn.

I do my best and look forward for the next year. Hopefully, I will manage to become a basketball team member.

GO GECKOS!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog