UN Day 2015: Brand New Band 

On 9th of October 2015,  UN Day was held at Overseas School of Colombo. It is a special day when all the students are honored to carry the pride of their nation and their culture and represent their country in the international community. As I am an endemic species at our school being the only representative from my country, Uzbekistan, I was a part of the flag parade and the ceremony dedicated to the UN Day. This was an important and exciting event for me as it was only my second time when I officially represented my country.
During the UN ceremony our band The Sweet Chains performed on the stage in front of the entire school, guests from UN and ambassadors. It was our first ever performance with a new member of our band Ahnaf who is the guitarist and singer. We have been performing a song Jammin' by Bob Marley the main message of which was to bring people together to jam, improvise and show off creating a new beautiful harmony. It is a type of socialization which brings people together by creating a piece of music.
Besides joining of a new member to our band, we have tried to introduce some other innovations in terms of the song choice and structure. This way, it my first performance on the instrument (new skills) instead of singing. I was playing the piano and shakers. Even though my play was not perfect and I had some off notes, overall, our performance was nice and relaxing. We also changed the style of our performance from rock to reggae
Our last year experiences undoubtedly triggered the growth of our skills and artistry

I am playing he piano and singing the back vocals during our performance on UN day. Photo credits: Luke Hess
Bassist Taha, drummer Yaman and a new member of our band Ahnaf during the performance. Photo credits: Luke Hess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog